Welcome to the website of the village of Holcot, Northamptonshire, UK. Whenever there is a major news item on another page on this website, including a significant Planning Application, it will be announced here on this page:
Most Recent new items include (newest in bold red) :
LATEST NEWS – Updated 10 March 2014:
(1) Holcot WI’s next meeting will be on Thursday, 13th March at 7:45pm in the Church Room when the speaker will be Barbara Potter talking about Lace Making in the East Midlands with an opportunity to try. All welcome.
(2) Holcot WI are organising a Bridge Drive and lunch on Monday, 12th May to be held in the Village Hall. Tickets cost £15 and are available from Pam Wilson, tel. 781026.
(4) Northamptonshire County Council are asking for volunteers to Get involved in Emergency Planning. We’ve seen first hand recently how much damage can be caused in an emergency. It’s the county council Emergency Planning team’s job to make sure that Northamptonshire is as prepared as it can be for extreme weather, an accident, or other circumstances that might put us at risk. Resources on the ground and community preparedness are vital to ensure that danger and lasting damage caused in an incident is minimised. To do this, the Emergency Planning Team need your help. For more information please click here.
(5) Holcot Allotment Association – We have one ten pole and two five pole allotments available for rent. If anyone is interested in taking these on please ring Maureen Cooke on 781130.
OTHER RECENT NEWS
(1) Daventry District Council have issued Daventry District Council press release 1656 – Community Grants drawing attention to the availability of Community Grants for community projects, events etc.
(2) THE GET-TOGETHER ON MONDAY 13th JANUARY TO DISCUSS THE USE & RUNNING OF THE NEW YOUTH WING/GAMES ROOM AT THE VILLAGE HALL WAS A GREAT SUCCESS. A MEETING HAS BEEN ARRANGED – WATCH FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS.
(3) VILLAGE NEWSLETTER: IF YOU HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT OR ARTICLE FOR THE WINTER NEWSLETTER, NOW’S THE TIME TO SUBMIT IT TO THE NEW EDITORS JACKIE & NAOMI FOUNTAIN. PLEASE EITHER SEND YOUR WORDS TO THE DEDICATED EMAIL ADDRESS email@example.com OR PHONE JACKIE ON 01604 78 00 70
(4) ANNUAL BUS DAY-TRIP TO LONDON, WITH OPTIONAL VISIT TO THE GLOBE THEATRE TO SEE ‘THE COMEDY OF ERRORS’ ON SUNDAY 21st SEPTEMBER 2014. EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org WITH YOUR ORDER SO HE CAN BOOK BEFORE THE BEST GLOBE TICKETS SELL-OUT
SEATS ON THE BUS: ADULTS SHARE OF TOTAL COST USUALLY AROUND £15 (DEPOSIT £20 EACH, ANY CHANGE WILL BE HANDED OUT ON THE DAY); CHILD UNDER 19: £10 EACH
GLOBE TICKETS FROM £5 TO £42: FOR DETAILS OF PRICES SEE:
Older, but still relevant, news items
NORTHANTS POLICE ARE LOOKING FOR INDEPENDENT VOLUNTEERS TO PROVIDE ADVICE ON NEEDS & EXPECTATIONS OF DIVERSE COMMUNITIES. FOR FULL DETAILS, SEE SECTION HEADED “Independent Advisory Groups” ON http://www.northantspcc.org.uk/default.aspx?id=initiatives#iag.
ANNOUNCEMENT FROM NORTHANTS COUNTY COUNCIL:
“Get the flu jab” – for more details, pls click on this link http://www.holcotvillage.co.uk/other-services/
For news of local apprenticeships, contact Nital on 01536 408188 or visit their website www.nital.co.uk
Suffering from stress? Please see attachment from “Mindfulness in the Community” MICpress release Feb 2013
Thinking of selling your house in Holcot, or perhaps you’re moving to Holcot and selling elsewhere in Northamptonshire? Jackson Grundy estate agents offer a fund-raising opportunity for Holcot Village Hall that will cost you nothing! For more information, see (http://www.holcotvillage.co.uk/village-hall-plans-for-future/):
For all other content of this website, please select from the page names in the header to navigate around the site.
PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS WEBSITE UP-TO-DATE: If you have something to announce , or would like to add anything else to the website, please email: email@example.com