In Spring 2016 Northamptonshire County Council consulted on proposals for the Northampton North Orbital Route (NNOR).
At the time the Parish Council expressed Parishioners concerns that the junctions on Holcot Road/Moulton Road (on whichever proposed route) would lead to the route through Holcot and Walgrave/Hannington becoming a rat run for the A43 and NNOR. Our view was that easy access to that route would mean that our traffic levels would increase substantially. The letter from the Parish Council setting out our concerns is here.
NCC are now consulting again – there are two options – options 7 & 8. Sadly both routes still have junctions on the Holcot Road/Moulton Road. Counter-intuitively, Northamptonshire Highways state that building junctions are the best way of reducing traffic on the Holcot route. The following images show the basic proposals as far as they relate to Holcot – the full details are on this website.
Similarly to the first consultation, NCC are holding events where the full plans can be seen and discussions held with Northamptonshire Highways officers. Please try to visit one of these events, expressing your opinion to the Highways officers.
- Monday 3 July, 9:00am to 7:00pm – Kingsthorpe – Liburd Room, Whilton Road, Kingsthorpe, Northampton, NN2 7SB.
- Wednesday 5 July, 9:00am to 7:00pm – Boughton – Boughton Village Hall, Butcher’s Lane, Boughton, NN2 8SH.
- Thursday 6 July, 9:00am to 7:00pm – Harlestone – Harlestone Village Institute
- Saturday 8 July, 9:00am to 7:00pm – Kingsthorpe – Pastures Community Centre, 222 Welford Road, Kingsthorpe, Northampton, NN2 8PN.
- Friday 14 July, 9:00am to 7:00pm – Moulton – Moulton Community Centre, Sandy Hill Reedings, Moulton, NN3 7AX.
- Saturday 15 July, 9:00am to 7:00pm – Pitsford – Pitsford Village Hall, High Street, Pitsford, Northampton. NN6 9AS.
The exhibition boards will then be on display in Kingsthorpe Library in Welford Road, Northampton between Tuesday 18 July and Friday 4 August.
There are three ways that you can respond to the consultation:
- Complete an online questionnaire
- Write to Northamptonshire Highways at: Northern Orbital Consultation, Northamptonshire Highways, Highway Depot, Harborough Road, Brixworth Northampton NN6 9BX
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Parish Council urge you to respond and express your opinion. The consultation ends on 4 August. If you decide to write or email, the Parish Council would be grateful for a copy of your letter (email@example.com).
As previously, the Parish Council will respond to the consultation.