There has been a lot of work undertaken to help improve road safety over the last month. The key issues remain;
- parking on verges on Brixworth Road;
- HGVs flouting the 7.5t limit;
- Flooding at the washbrook on Sywell Road
A comprehensive report has been added to the road safety page.
In summary, actions are;
- Anglian Water are investigating how they can extend parking facilities to reduce parking on Brixworth Road.
- Northamptonshire Highways have been asked to investigate the implications and solutions of ceasing all parking on verges on Brixworth Road.
- In the meantime the Parish Council will continue to report to the Police cases of illegal parking (eg; parking on the footpath, flouting COVID regulations) – please continue to send photographic evidence to email@example.com.
- The Police have started a 4 week specific monitoring of HGV movements through Holcot on an occasional basis to help understand the HGV problem – please continue to send photographic evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Northamptonshire Highways are to arrange a site visit for Sywell Road to understand the flooding issues and potential solutions.
- The Parish Council have agreed to pursue the solar-powered VASID for Moulton Road to help alleviate speeding. The other measures still await Northamptonshire Highways.
The Parish Council is grateful to Councillors, Parishioners, the Police, Northamptonshire Highways and Anglian Water in supporting us working through these issues.