Holcot is very fortunate to have three venues for functions and meetings – the Village Hall, the Church Room and the White Swan. Click to see a map for their locations and read on for more details.
Additionally there are Allotments (Ring Maureen Cooke on 781130), the Church and the playing field.
Holcot Village Hall, Back Lane, NN6 9SL – 07900 942 046 email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Well equipped for club-meetings and all functions – particularly wedding receptions, parties and dances.
- Good central position between Northampton, Kettering & Wellingborough
- Welcoming period atmosphere with many character features
- Modern heating, lighting, kitchen, toilets, tables & chairs, disabled facilities (see access statement below)
- Good stage with curtains, for band, disco, or dramatics
- Max capacity of Main Hall 200 people (not seated) or 120 (seated in rows*) (sit-down-meal numbers would depend on desired level of comfort or cosiness!)
- Hire of hall includes use of:
– 105 chairs
– tables of a variety of sizes
Hall interior dimensions: 13.8m x 7.2m (max) + stage 7.2m x 4.0m – here is the layout of the whole building and interior photos of the main hall in use.
For Holcot residents who want to set-up a new regular user-group in the Village Hall (or to re-start a previous regular user-group that hasn’t met there in last 6 months): a special offer is available to get your group up and running and maybe provide free taster-sessions. Click here for more details
HOLCOT VILLAGE HALL ACCESS STATEMENT:
The Main Hall has been designed to welcome wheelchair-users:
– wide front door, with level threshold and ramp access from street
– disabled toilet
– width of kitchen access-hatch accommodates most wheelchairs.
The Youth Games Room &/or Green Room has its own front steps, front door, and toilets, and these are NOT accessible for wheelchairs.
There is level access between this Youth/Green Room area and the above wheelchair-friendly facilities of the Main Hall; however availability of that access should be discussed with the Booking Secretary as the Main Hall may be in use by others at the same time
To book, or for more information and to check availability, click on the “Book Village Hall” button above.
Alternatively contact the Booking Secretary: Maureen Cooke on the village hall dedicated number 07900 942 046 or email : email@example.com
Holcot Church Room, Main Street, NN6 9SP – 01604 780182
Built in 1834 as Holcot’s original school, the building was extensively renovated in 2000 as a village millennium project with substantial financial support from the Heritage Lottery Fund, local donations and various grants.
The room offers a single meeting area comfortably seating 8 to 12 around a conference table with additional audience seating for a further 12. Facilities include a small tea station kitchen, a joint able-bodied/disabled toilet and disabled access ramp. This is an ideal venue for small meetings and conferences in a comfortable atmosphere complimented by a small display of village historical artefacts and pictures.
For more information and hiring rates contact :- Frank Hodgson firstname.lastname@example.org or 780182.
White Swan Inn, Main Street, NN6 9SP – 01604 781263
The White Swan also offers function facilities – drop in or see their page for more information.